Lately it seems like with every new week/month brings a new illness going around. Anywhere from a cold, virus or flu to covid, pnemonia, rsv, etc.
We thought it would be a great time to reshare the recipe to one of our favorite secret weapons: the ultimate cold, flu and virus killer. It’s so simple, you likely have most of the ingredients in your kitchen right now.
If you currently are feeling ill, we recommend you give this a try and hopefully you will be back in good health quickly. We would love to hear your thoughts on it afterwards.
Master Tonic, also known as Fire Cider, is a DIY, homemade cold, flu, and virus boosting tonic that is packed with beneficial ingredients to help boost our immune systems in times of need.
“The Master Tonic is believed in folklore to help fight off plague and diseases and has evolved into modern-day households keeping a batch on hand to strengthen immune systems in order to fight the cold, flu, viruses, or other sinus ailments. Some believe it may help with fluid circulation in the body, think digestive fluids, lymphatic fluids, and blood. Others think it may help with depression and candida” ( Willamette Transplant).
It’s Worth a Shot
The list of potential benefits and uses of this secret weapon are endless. One of the most common uses is as an immunity booster. At the early onset of cold or flu like symptoms, users can take a shot (1.5 – 2 ounces) of Master Tonic. Once the cold/flu has arrived, users can increase to 3-4 times a day until symptoms lessen and homeostasis is regained.
Many users add taking a shot of Master Tonic to their daily routine for health maintenance. Please remember, every human body is different and a remedy that works for one person may have a different effect on another.
Benefits of Master Tonic
- antibacterial which is very helpful for cold and flu symptoms
- a great immune booster and can prevent infection
- can improve digestion and help relieve headache
- can help candida overgrowth in the body. Candida happens when the body becomes too acidic from eating too much sugar or good bacteria in the gut dies from antibiotics
- can help the body detox, especially in the liver, and helps to increase circulation in the body
- and so many more!
Other Ways to Use
Master Tonic can also be used in salad dressing, tossed in with cooked vegetables, or even dip a piece of bread in it.
Some users will add a few teaspoons to a small glass of water 30 minutes before a meal as a way to tell the body that food is coming in order to kickstart the digestion process.
Master Tonic is easy to store and the shelf life lasts a very long time. After separating the vegetable matter from the liquid, the Master Tonic can be stored in the pantry indefinitely. Keep in a dark place such as the pantry or cupboard in a glass mason jar with a non-metal lid.
A Passingrass Recipe
There are many varieties of Master Tonic using similar ingredients that are chopped and steeped for 2-4 weeks and shaken daily.
Our recipe consists of the following main organic ingredients:
- White garlic
- Black garlic
- Turmeric root
- Ginger root
- Horseradish root
- White onion
- Black pepper
- Jalapeno pepper
- Apple cider vinegar
- On a large cutting board, slice all hot peppers being careful not to touch the inside of the pepper, or wear gloves.
- Chop ginger, horseradish, turmeric, garlic, and onions.
- You can leave herbs on the stems.
- Arrange everything in a large glass jar or mason jar.
- Pour the ACV over everything, until it just covers the top.
- Place a label with the date on the jar.
- Place in a dark place in a pantry or cabinet.
- Let set up to 2-4 weeks
- Once a day give it a shake.
- After the strain, keep in a jar in the fridge, or you can also store in a dark cabinet.
- I like to pour some in a smaller jar and add a couple tablespoons of local honey
- I take 1 teaspoon daily, or 2-3 teaspoon daily when you are not feeling well.
We always have Master Tonic available or you can make a batch of our very own and store it in your pantry and/or cupboard to use as needed – a daily shot or as needed to boost your immune system to aid the cold, flu, and viruses.
We are not making any claims on this but it has helped multiple people get over COVID quickly. This combined with CBD and/or THC will do wonders for your body.
To shop our current PassinGrass menu, click here. If you have any questions and/or are in need of a recommendation, just ask. We would love to help you find what you are looking for.
We are available for delivery Monday-Saturday, 11:00 AM – 6:45 PM. Get your order in now! Enjoy.