The Leafly Strain of the Year for 2022 is Jealousy!
Jealousy is a hybrid weed strain made by crossing Sherbert Bx1 with Gelato 41. Jealousy is known for its balancing effects meaning it can have you feeling mentally relaxed but physically energetic at the same time. The dominant terpene of this strain is caryophyllene, which is often associated with fuel aroma.
Lucky for all of us, we currently have Jealousy available on our menu. As 2022 comes to an end, this is definitely the perfect time to try it if you have not already. If you have smoked it already, time to smoke it again and end the year on a high note.
Weed connoisseurs love Jealousy for multiple reasons. Add it to joints, blunts, bongs, bubblers, etc. The best and top growers love to farm it, the best hashmakers wash it and add it to rosin and vape carts. Even better, Jealousy’s creator, and also industry-leading breeder Seed Junky Genetics, continues to re-mix the cultivar for even newer hits.
Fun Facts about Jealousy
Thanks to Leafly for providing us with a few fun facts!
- In a little over two years, Jealousy has become a top 100 flavor on Leafly, out of 6,000 strains.
- From 2021 to 2022, the strain went from being in about 90 stores listed on Leafly to over 1,500 stores and growing.
- Jealousy flower, pre-rolls, seeds, clones, and cartridges sell from Long Beach, California, to Long Island, New York.
- Seed vendors have sold out Jealousy at $750 per pack. Clones of authentic Jealousy have sold for $500 per cutting this year, and have drawn hundreds of buyers who’ve waited for hours.
- Growers continue to win contests with the cultivar; it took second this summer in the California High Times Cannabis Cup.
- The all-star strain made rival breeders so envious, it spawned counterfeits and rip-offs.
Make ’em Jealous(Y)
There’s a reason it’s called Jealousy, and it definitley proves why.
Jealousy likes to make all the other strains jealous right from the start. Jealousy appears dramatic in the way it’s coloring is dark purple, almost black, with dapples of bright green. Electric orange hairs arc out and it’s frosty with levels of trichomes. Jealousy is big, dense and has good weight. The bud looks good in any light.
Jealousy’s sweet, berry, creamy, and gassy dankness breaks down into notes of plum, Fruit Loops cereal, and citrus. Earthy bass notes of dank, pepper, pine, and diesel linger. Yum.
Weed connoisseurs like to roll this flower up in unbleached paper to receive the most authentic taste of honey, lilies, mint, and dough notes.
The effects only take seconds to kick in. You will notice stress and tension realeasing and the smiles, giggles happen right in time for you to space out.
Jealousy can test as high as 30% THC.
On Leafly, Jealousy averages 4.7 out of 5 stars, with 48 reviews and 1,692 likes.
Thanks to Leafly for having Jealousy as their 2022 Strain of the Year!
To shop our current PassinGrass menu, click here. If you have any questions and/or are in need of a recommendation, just ask. We would love to help you find what you are looking for.
We are available for delivery Monday-Saturday, 11:00 AM – 6:45 PM. Get your order in now! Enjoy.