Woof! Meow! Neigh!
By now, I’m sure we can all agree that the benefits of CBD are endless, for us humans and even our furry friends.
CBD can be used for dogs, cats, horses, and more. Many dog owners ask the same questions. Exactly what are CBD dog treats? Are they safe? Where can I buy them? What symptoms does my pet need to have to use them? How many do I give my dog? Does it make them “high”? And the list goes on and on.
Just like in humas, CBD acts on the endocannabinoid systems (ECS) in animals. “The endocannabinoid system regulates and controls many of our most critical bodily functions such as learning and memory, emotional processing, sleep, temperature control, pain control, inflammatory and immune responses, and eating” (Harvard). Unlike THC, CBD cannot get your pets high. Studies have shown that CBD products are safe for animals. Multiple veterinary studies published recently and within the past two years have shown that, even when given high levels of CBD, pets experienced no major adverse effects. As time goes on and more research around CBD and animals is conducted, we will be able to gain more information regarding long-term effects in animals.
Reasons to Use CBD
CBD products may also help our beloved dogs in many ways:
- Anti-inflammatory (i.e. hypersensitivity, dermatitis)
- Reduction in pain
- Reduction in seizures and convulsions
- Immune system support (i.e. autoimmune disease, cancer)
- Nervous system support
- Cardiovascular system support
- Reduction in anxiety
- Gastrointestinal support
As a precaution, consult with your Vet to discuss your pets health and symptoms prior to using CBD treats.
PG Organix Products to Try
We currently have various CBD pet products available on our menu. If you have any questions, please do not hestiate to reach out and ask us!
Below are what we currently have available:
- PG Organix 1000mg Full Spectrum CBD Drops
- PG Organix 500mg Full Spectrum CBD Drops
- CBD Pet Treats Bacon Bites 200mg
- CBD Pet Treats Grain-Free Hearts 400mg
- CBD Pet Treats Natural Cheddar Bones 200mg
- CBD Pet Treats Organic Sweet Potato Rings 400mg
- CBD Pet Treats Steak Bites 200mg
- CBDfx 450mg Joint & Mobility Dog Treats
- cbdMD 150mg Baked Cheese Dog Treats
- cbdMD 150mg Hip + Joint Bacon Pet Chews
- HolistaPet 150mg Salmon Cat Treats
- Medterra 300mg Calming Bacon Soft Chews
- Neurogan 600mg Full Spectrum Dog Chews
- PawCBD 150mg Calming Soft Chews For Dogs
- PawCBD 300mg Calming Soft Chews For Dogs
Keep an Eye On Them
Due to the fact that our beloved pet’s cannot communicate if they are feeling better after receiving CBD, it it best to monitor their behaviors.
After giving a dose of CBD, keep an eye on your pet to see if their symptoms appear to be improving or not. Depending on the health condition your pet has, some symptom relief may not happen within 30 mins and could take up to a few weeks of consistently using to notice a difference.
As we have mentioned before, CBD impacts every pet differently. If your vet recommends you try CBD, you may have to try various brands, doses and forms to see what works best for your four-legged friend.
As with any form of medication, there is the risk of side effects. The side effects of using CBD for our pets is very similar to those humans may experience. The most common would include changes to appetite, fatigue, and diarrhea. Contact your vet with any questions or concerns .
Wishing you and your pets all the best!
To shop our current PassinGrass menu, click here. If you have any questions and/or are in need of a recommendation, just ask. We would love to help you find what you are looking for.
We are available for delivery Monday-Saturday, 11:00 AM – 6:45 PM. Get your order in now! Enjoy.