It’s finally Thanksgiving and we know how to make your holidaze ten times better.
From the turkey to pie and everything in between, here are a few cannabis infused recipes you have to try.
Thanks to Emily Kyle for all of the recipes below. Check her out on Instagram @emilykylenutrition.
Friendly Dosage Reminder
Just a friendly reminder, you do not need to (and probably shouldn’t) infuse all of the dishes. Pick a few of your favorite dishes and start there. You can balance your meals out with different cannabinoids.
Remember to inform your guests of which dishes are infused and have your guests go slow.
We all have different endocannabinoid systems and tolerance levels, make it a holiday to enjoy.
For most Americans, the number one traditional Thanksgiving dinner staple is the turkey.
There are two different ways you could infuse the turkey with cannabis:
- Add a few grams of ground, decarbed cannabis flower to your poultry seasoning and apply liberally when you season the bird.
- Towards the very end of the cooking process, baste the turkey with cannabutter.
Mashed potatoes are another favorite that would be a great opportunity to infuse.
- Top the mashed potatoes with cannabutter. Any type of cannabis oil can be used here. If you’re vegan or vegetarian, coconut oil could also work.
- Add a splah of cannabis milk, regular milk or heavy wipping cream
- For a pretty visual presentation, you could add a sprinkle of ground, decarbed cannabis flower to the top as a garnish.
- Top with a pinch of cannabis salt.
THE STUFFING OR DRESSING
Do you call it stuffing or dressing? Stuffing or dressing is perfect for infusing with cannabis.
To make infused stuffing/ dressing:
- Add the ground, decarbed cannabis flower right in the spice mix when you are adding the other traditional herbs, like sage.
- After baking, top with a few pats of cannabutter.
The Pumpkin Pie
Is it really Thanksgiving if you don’t end the night with a slice of pumpkin pie?
Thankfully, there are many different ways to infuse this classic staple.
- Use cannabutter or cannabis coconut oil if you’re making a homemade pie crust
- Add cannabis concentrates to the butter or oil used in the crust
- Add decarbed cannabis or kief directly to the pumpkin pie spice
- Use white or brown cannabis sugar in the mix
- Use cannabis-infused heavy cream in the mix
- Use cannabis-infused heavy cream to make a homemade whipped cream
For more Thanksgiving recipes from Emily Kyle, click here.
To shop our current PassinGrass menu, click here. If you have any questions and/or are in need of a recommendation, just ask. We would love to help you find what you are looking for.
We are available for delivery Monday-Saturday, 11:00 AM – 6:45 PM. Get your order in now! Enjoy.