It is officially Fall and these days, nothing says, ” Hello, Fall” quite like a pumpkin spice latte.
Or maybe a pumpkin spice latte with a hint of cannabis is more your thing.
If so, try this recipe by Cannabis Educator Emily Kyle.
Check her out on Instagram @emilykylenutrition for more cannabis infused recipes.
Cannabis Pumpkin Spice Latte
Prep time: 5 minutes Cook time: 5 minutes Servings: 2 cups Calories: 110 kcal
- 1 cup coffee: your choice; the stronger, the better!
- 1/4 cup Pumpkin puree: the stuff in the can is perfect
- 1 tablespoon Sugar: white, granulated sugar, or cannabis sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon Pumpkin Pie Spice
- 1/2 teaspoon Vanilla extract
- 2 cups Milk: choose any type you want, from tradtional dairy to dairy-free or even hemp seed milk
- 1 teaspoon Cannabis oil: your choice
- Step 1 – In a medium saucepan over medium heat, add the coffee, pumpkin, sugar, pumpkin pie spice, and vanilla extract. Heat for 3-5 minutes, or until hot but not boiling.
- Step 2 – While the mix is heating up, add the milk to the frothing pitcher and place it over medium heat.
- Step 3 – When the temperature reaches between 120-150°F, you can begin to use the frother. Remove the pitcher from heat and continue to froth when the temperature reaches 160°F.
- Step 4 – Move the frother in a circular, up-and-down motion until 1-2 inches of foam is formed.
- Step 5 – Divide the coffee mixture between two mugs and add the desired amount of cannabis oil.
- Step 6 – Using a spoon to hold back the foam, add the hot milk to each cup. Aim for a 2:1 milk-to-coffee ratio.
- Step 7 – Spoon the remaining foam into each mug.
ALTERNATE INFUSION OPTIONS:
- CBD Oil : To infuse this PSL with CBD oil, start with a CBD product and add your desired amount to your hot beverage before consuming.
- Concentrates: Once you know whether or not you need to decarb your concentrate, you can gently warm it up and mix it into the milk called for in this recipe.
- Cannabis Pulp: The best way to add cannabis pulp leftovers to this drink is to place the leftover plant material in a teaball and steep it in your finished drink.
To shop our current PassinGrass menu, click here. If you have any questions and/or are in need of a recommendation, just let us know. We would love to help you find what you are looking for. Enjoy!